Business Terms & conditions
Every time you purchase something from Property Magnets or any of its licensed distributors, authorised partners, agents, affiliates or contractors, you are agreeing to the terms and conditions set forth below.
Access to and use of this site constitutes your acceptance of these Business Terms & Conditions (hereinafter referred to as “Terms”) in this notice. If you do not agree to be legally bound to any of these Terms, please do not access/use our Sites or any of our services.
Legal policies online are notorious for being so complex that no one reads them. We want you to read and also understand our Terms because it is important for you to know how we operate our business and what Terms our relationship will be subjected to.
To that affect, we have not laid out our Terms in a typical legal fine print format but broken it down into important sections making it easier for anyone to go through it and understand what we mean.
Who are you doing business with
Your business relationship is with Property Magnets Limited, a New Zealand Limited company with its registered offices at level 7, 53 Fort Street, Auckland Central, Auckland 1010, New Zealand.
Property Magnets carries out business through the following websites and any subdomains of these websites, collectively referred to as “Sites”;
Your dealings with any other website or online environment not included above is not covered under the Business Terms & Conditions listed on this page and is thereby not authorised by Property Magnets or any of its licensed distributors, authorised partners, agents, affiliates or contractors.
Property Magnets operates across the globe. Regardless of your location, your relationship with Property Magnets is governed by the laws of New Zealand.
Property Magnets maintains legal presence in multiple countries with local banking facilities for the purposes of processing student transactions in local currencies. For that reason, you may be subjected to local GST/VAT as applicable to the jurisdiction your card’s billing address is linked to.
No Financial Advice Given
- Our Sites and associated services are not designed for, nor should it be understood by you as being for, the purpose of providing personal financial or investment advice.
- Any scenarios, advice or market commentary contained on our Sites have been prepared without taking into account your objectives, personal circumstances, financial situation or needs.
- All information is of a general nature only and does not constitute professional advice. Before acting on any advice on our Sites, we recommend that you consider whether it is appropriate for your personal situation.
- You agree to use our Sites for lawful purposes, and in a way that does not infringe the rights of, restrict or inhibit anyone else’s use and enjoyment of our Sites
- The opinions contained on our Sites may be short-term in nature and are subject to change.
- Investing in real estate involves significant risk.
- You must be aware of the risks and be willing to accept them before embarking on any of our courses.
- You should never invest or finance using money you cannot afford to lose.
- If any information on our Sites relates to the acquisition or disposal, or possible acquisition or disposal, of a particular real estate product you should obtain a Product Disclosure Statement relating to the product and consider the Statement before making any decision about the product.
- Past performance is not indicative of future results.
- All investments involve substantial monetary risk, including the risk of losing one’s entire investment.
- None of the information contained within our Sites, training or product constitutes, or is intended to constitute, a recommendation by the presenter that any particular security, investment or strategy is suitable for any specific person.
- None of the information contained in the training programs, screencasts, illustrated reports, feasibility studies or any similar document is, or is intended to be, personalised investment advice.
- Investments or strategies mentioned throughout our Sites may not be suitable for all individuals.
- All readers and users of our Sites should make their own independent decision regarding them and seek independent legal advice before entering into any real estate related transaction.
- The material contained in the Sites does not take into account each reader’s particular investment objectives, financial situation or needs. All readers should strongly consider seeking advice from their own personal investment adviser based on their specific circumstances.
- We are not accountants, Lawyers or financial consultants.
- Before making any serious purchase we advise you to speak to your accountant.
- Real estate investing is a dynamic vehicle. Cashflow and equity positions can change on a daily basis.
Disclaimer And Limitation Of Liability
- Our Sites are provided by us on an “as is” basis.
- We make no representations or warranties of any kind, express or implied, as to the operation of our Sites or the information, content, materials, or products included on our Sites.
- None of the information and data contained on our Sites nor any opinion expressed, constitutes a recommendation to purchase, buy or sell a property or product, or the provision of personal investment advice.
- Any examples of renovations referred to on our Sites are provided for illustrative purposes only.
- Any methods, techniques, or indicators presented on our Sites are for educational purposes only and are presented to assist you to make your own judgments about any prospective investments or renovations (for which you are responsible) or property developments (for which you are responsible).
- They should not be construed as advice or strategy for you personally.
- We make no representation that the use of any methods, techniques, or indicators presented on our Sites will or are likely to achieve any intended results.
- You accept all risks and responsibility for losses, damages, costs and other consequences resulting directly or indirectly from using our Sites and any information or material available from or through it.
- Except as required by law, we will not accept liability to you in respect of any loss or damage (including indirect, special, or consequential loss or damage) which may be suffered or incurred by you or which may arise directly or indirectly in respect of:
- your use of our Sites or any linked website;
- any loss arising out of your use of, reliance on or failure to act, on any information contained on or accessed through our Sites or any linked website;
- errors, mistakes or omissions on our Sites;
- goods or services featured on our Sites and/or
- any failure or omission on our part to comply with our obligations as set out in these Business Terms & Conditions.
- Our liability to you for loss or damage of any kind arising out of these Terms will be reduced or limited to the extent (if any) that you cause or contribute to the loss or damage.
- You must take your own precautions to ensure that the process which you employ for accessing our Sites does not expose you to any risk of viruses, malicious computer code or other forms of interference which may damage your computer system.
- For the removal of doubt, we do not accept responsibility for any interference or damage to your own computer system which arises in connection with your use of our Sites or any linked website.
- Any content you post or otherwise make available on our Sites will be lawful and must not be: harmful, threatening, abusive, harassing, defamatory, obscene, libelous or an invasion of another’s privacy
- As a part of our commitment to all students we conduct regular investigations into building regulations and laws and use reasonable efforts to communicate information we consider relevant to our students.
- Explanatory materials we provide are not intended to be authoritative or official legal interpretations, but rather are our interpretation of the regulations and laws.
- We make no warranties or representations about the content. We do not guarantee its currency.
- It is each student’s individual responsibility to ensure that they are and remain compliant with the current building codes, which govern their renovation project or property development projects.
- We recommend that all students contact their local regulatory body prior to commencing any building works.
- We disclaim all liability in respect to actions taken or not taken based on any or all of the content we provide, to the maximum extent permitted by law.
- We accept no responsibility for students whose projects are not legally compliant and no claim can be made against Property Magnets or any of its licensed distributors, authorised agents, partners, affiliates or contractors to recoup fines imposed by regulatory bodies as a result.
Copyright & Intellectual Property
- All materials available through our Sites (including but not limited to our online courses, software, mechanisms, templates, calculators and associated materials) are protected by copyright. You may not in any form or by any means adapt, reproduce, store, distribute, print, display, perform, publish or create derivative works from any part of our materials, without our prior written permission.
- You agree not to copy, lend, scan, share, sell or distribute these materials to any other party. You are expressly forbidden from re-selling any Property Magnets product, course, service or solution including via any online facility.
- All intellectual property rights (including but not limited to copyright and trade mark rights) in all content on our Sites (including but not limited to text, graphics, audio and video) are owned by us.
- You may not use any trade marks appearing on our Sites, without the written permission of the trade mark owner.
- Copyright in our Sites (including text, graphics, logos, icons, sound recordings and software) is owned by us. Other than for the purposes of, and except as expressly authorised by these Terms, you may not in any form or by any means adapt, reproduce, store, distribute, print, display, perform, publish or create derivative works from any part of our Sites, without our prior written permission.
- Linking to our content: We encourage the use of hyperlinks to our content. Please, however:
Attribute the original source of the hyperlink where it points to our or a third party’s content
- Do not claim ownership or rights to content belonging to us or other parties
- Link to our content directly
Comply with copyright and trademark laws
You will, to the maximum extent permitted by law, at all times and from time to time indemnify, and keep indemnified, us and our directors, officers, agents, distributors, partners affiliates and employees (together the “Indemnified Party”) from and against all liabilities, losses, damages, costs or expenses directly or indirectly incurred or suffered by the Indemnified Party, and from and against all actions, proceedings, claims or demands made against the Indemnified Party as a result of your use of our Sites or other services we provide.
Data Collection, Tracking & Your Privacy
Property Magnets has very strict privacy rules. While we do collect data about your usage of our Sites and track your access to our Sites, we do so in a way that its secure, and in accordance with globally acceptable standards and compliant to the GDPR Policy.
Property Magnets will never sell your data or any information about your usage of our Sites collected under our Terms to any third party for any reason.
Property Magnets may be required to share your data or any information we hold about your usage of our Sites to a law enforcement agency for the purposes of compliance with the laws of New Zealand or any other competent jurisdiction
Payments & Transactions
All credit card and debit card transactions are processed through third party processors in an encrypted and secure environment that is enforced upon our Sites by the appropriate processing gateways.
No credit or debit card information is ever held on file in our servers or elsewhere. For this reason, Property Magnets does not need to comply with any Payment Card Industry Data Security Standards (PCIDSS)
Where students have made a purchase from Property Magnets under a payment plan, our Payment Plan Protection Policy is applicable and enforced under these Terms.
Refunds & Cancellations
For information about refunds, please refer to our Updated Refund Policy.
For information about cancellations, please refer to our Appointment Cancellation Policy which is applicable to the Mentoring Sessions that can be purchased from Property Magnets directly or through any of its licensed distributors, authorised partners, agents, affiliates or contractors.
Lesson Release Policy
Please refer to our Lesson Release Policy for the Terms under which access to our courses are granted to students.
All Legal Notices can be sent by email to:
[email protected] or by post to the following address:
Property Magnets Limited
Level 7, C-/O Walker Wayland
53 Fort Street,
We reserve the right to amend these Terms from time to time. Amendments will be effective immediately upon notification on our Sites.
Your continued use of our Sites following such notification will represent an agreement by you to be bound by the Business Terms & Conditions as amended.